We do a lot of things to keep our favorite car in its top shape. Polish it, wax it, wash it, and spray and clean it with Armor All. Which any one of us would do.
But as famous and effective Armor All is, not all cars, paints, or surfaces react well to it. Also, you might be looking for a better alternative after years of use. So what should you use instead of Armor All?
Turns out, you are in luck! There are a lot of brands offering a wide range of cleaning and protection just like Armor. 303 Aerospace Protectant, Chemical Guys, Meguiar’s Ultimate Protectant, and Mothers VLR are some of the best alternatives that you can go for.
Confused about which one is for you? We are going to discuss all of these features along with the pros and cons. And suggest which one you should go for.
What Is a Good Substitute for Armor All?
Armor All is a famous car cleaner protection, as we all know. Maybe the catchy name that keeps us coming back to it. But there is a wide variety of products that does the same thing. And some are even better.
We have gathered 5 of the top best alternatives to Armor, along with a bonus one at the end. Here are the cleaners you should be using if you are looking for an alternative.
(A) 303 Aerospace
The first protectant that comes to mind after Armor is 303 Aerospace. This UV protection cleaner and protectant is nongreasy and can be used on a variety of surfaces like rubber, plastic, vinyl, and leather. It’s clear, so there is no fear of any residue or discoloration involved. Also, it has a matte after finishing when it dries. Which is really cool!
- The water-based formula is suitable for all car surfaces.
- UV protection is a plus.
- Long-lasting Matte finish.
- A bit expensive.
- Glossy finish lovers nightmare.
(B) Chemical Guys Protectant
All protectants are made out of different chemicals. Hence the name seems more appropriate. With a wide variety of dressing and protectants, it can bring back the faded colors of your components. As it is a black silicon-based product, it can be used on basically any rubber, plastic, and vinyl surface. It also has a glossy effect for a long time.
- Water-resistant silicone-based formula.
- Long lasting due to silicone base.
- Leaves a high glossy shiny finish.
- Can be used on almost all surfaces.
- A little greasy due to the silicone.
- Not suitable for all surfaces.
(C) Meguiar’s Ultimate
With a huge range of car care products, there is another fan base just like Armor All. And they are known as Meguiars. Almost like the rival of Armor, this protectant works on all surfaces like rubber, plastic, and vinyl. Best of all, this protectant cleaner can shine and protect just like Armor all do. Plus, it protects against UV.
- The water-based formula makes it suitable for all surfaces.
- UV protection.
- Nongreasy matte finish.
- Long lasting inexpensive.
- Doesn’t have a glossy finish.
(D) Mothers VLR
There is nothing like a mother’s touch, and Mother VLR does the same thing, but for your car. It is not only a protectant and cleaner, but also a conditioner. Its formula is suitable for not only rubber and plastic but also vinyl and leather. So go crazy shining your leather interior with this protectant. It has a clear formula leaving a bit of a matte finish. And also conditions your car as it has neatsfoot oil and lanolin.
- Long-lasting protection against UV, dirt buildup, and dryness.
- The matte formula keeps it from going all greasy.
- Conditioning oils ensure no fading and staining effects.
- Application and cleaning are easy.
- Good for any surface.
- A bit on the expensive side.
- Less effective in harsh weather conditions.
(E) Griot’s Garage
Restoring an old crack or fade on your car can be challenging. Griot’s garage protectants and cleaners do this with ease. Having the ability to work on vinyl and rubber surfaces, it can also provide UV protection, shine and lasts a long time.
- Easy to use, durable, and long-lasting.
- Inexpensive and effective.
- Wide range of products suitable for different surfaces.
- Help is just a customer service away, available 24/7.
- Individual products for different surfaces.
- Hard to get as there are a lot of products.
Bonus: Homemade Armor All DIY
Who doesn’t love some DIY? Especially with car products. That costs a lot. With this formula, you can go by for some time if you cannot go to the store to buy some. Here is what you will need.
- 1 cup warm water.
- 1/2 cup mineral oil.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- 5 drops of essential oil.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a spray bottle. And spray onto a clean cloth (preferably microfiber). Start cleaning. Thats it!
- An easy solution that requires ingredients found in any home.
- Safe from any harmful substances.
- Effective on any surface without damaging them.
- The shiny effect is a plus.
- Not as long-lasting as commercial cleaners and protectants.
- Less effective in harsh weather conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQs)
What’s the best way to clean the interior of your car?
The best way to clean your car’s interior is to clean it step by step. Start by taking out and cleaning the floor mats or carpets. Then vacuum and clean the insides. You might need to use cleaners to remove stains. After that clean the dashboard with a suitable cleaner. Then the other parts like the panels, console, door panels, and steering wheel. And lastly, proceed with the seats and glasses. Hang and spray a deodorizer for the finishing touch.
What is the best thing to use to clean car dashboard?
You could use your regular car cleaner or a protectant if it is suggested. If it does not, you can go for Turtle Wax Dash and Glass for better results. It also comes with UV protection.
Is Vaseline good for car dashboards?
We have come to the point that we are trying to fix everything with Vaseline. Which it does! Jokes apart, you cannot clean your dashboard with Vasline though, but use it as a protectant. Clean your dashboard with a cleaner, then apply some Vaseline on your microfiber cloth and polish it. This will not only keep it safe from cracking but also remove small scratches and break marks.
Every car owner, car type, interior, and exterior finish requires a different type of cleaner and protectant. For water-based protectants, we would suggest going for 303 Protectant, Mothers VLR, or Meguiar’s Ultimate. These will give you a matte finish. And if you are looking for a shiny finish with a silicone base, then Chemical Guys is the one. Always remember to wear protective glass while working with chemical products, no matter how safe they are. Till then, happy cleaning!